Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Heart Kristen

"Garth & Kat": Fred Armisen & Kristen Wiig's holiday singing duo during SNL's Weekend Update is one of the best new sketches the show brought out last year. While its the show's tendency to overkill everything with potential, "Garth & Kat" has inherent staying power since its 100% improvisation. It also helps that Wiig and Armisen have tremendous chemistry.
Why I like it: Jimmy Fallon's inability to keep a straight face during sketches: irritating. Wiig and Armisen laughing unapologetically at themselves: adorable. And Kristen, if you ever see this, marry me.

Watch the video here:



Bro Names: My personal favorites, in no particular order: Broseidon, god of the sea; Mario Bropez, Brover Cleveland, Dan MarinBro, Bronan O'Brian, and his nemesis, Jay LenBro. Just to name a few.


Asian Food Court Workers: The effort they take to advertise is admirable. Not only are they pleasant in accosting passersby but their tactics usually work. After one of their samples of orange chicken, I'm usually always sold and they laugh at The Great Steak and Potato Company all the way to the bank.



"How We Are Hungry" by Dave Eggers: A book of new and previously published short stories by the screenwriter of  "Where the Wild Things Are" and the memoir "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". My favorites: "Notes for a Story of a Man Who Will Not Die Alone", "She Waits, Seething, Blooming" and the acclaimed "After I Was Thrown in the River and Before I Drowned"   Published in 2004 (ISBN: 1-932416-13-7)  The title says it all.

Yay Everyday: Check it out here.

 
Seriously Miss Wiig, marry me?

No comments:

Post a Comment